Wow, was April ever a whirlwind of a month! We've had a lot going on this month, and I haven't had a moment to blog about any of our house projects. So here's a little recap of our April:
1. Realized that painting the exterior of our house might be a bit more than we are capable of doing on our own this summer. So...
2. Got several estimates from painters.
3. Raked and bagged more leaves.
4. Seasonal allergies kicked in (ugh!)
5. Fixed our broken garage door (well, I should say a temporary quick-fix...I expect we will have to revisit this little project again soon)
6. Put up a baby gate and baby-proofed the playroom for a newly mobile baby b.
7. Discovered half of our lawn is dead (more on this another day)
9. Started painting the play room (here's a little sneak peek:
I'm loving the blue, but I still have to get the green paint for the grassy hills, and...
10. I realized that I definitely want to paint the trim white in the play room (of course!)
11. Shuffled some furniture around.
12. Thought we had finally gotten rid of all of the squirrels above our attic (did I mention we had squirrels above our attic? More on this another day)
13. Raked and bagged more leaves. (really? more leaves??)
14. Washed the siding on our front porch (here's a pic of it half way done:
What a difference, eh?)
15. Heard something scurrying around above our attic and realized that we were wrong about #12.
16. Planted some grass seed in the mud pit (what I like to call the fenced area behind the house where there is nothing growing except for a couple hostas along the side, and apparently where some previous inhabitants had chickens!)
17. Pruned a few tree branches.
18. Passed an annoying cold around our family.
19. Realized we did not do a thorough enough job with #6 , so we moved more things around and out of the play room. (As a side note, quite surprisingly, this is one of the most injury-producing items in our home:
because, you see, kids don't just sit on it. They jump on it. They climb on it. They lean on it until it tips over and they land flat on their faces.)
20. Raked and bagged more leaves. (seriously, how many leaves do we have?!?)
21. Decided to start a children's music band. (because, you know, we don't have enough to do already!)
22. Found an almost full gallon of white semi-gloss paint in the basement. (score!)
23. Used newly found paint to paint a board for a height chart.
24. Installed newly made height chart board on wall, and began recording heights.
25. Celebrated baby b's 1st birthday! (hooray!!)
So there you have it. All in all, I'd say it was a good month, and I feel like we got a lot of little things accomplished. We'll see what May brings!